The majority of people nowadays have a clear idea as to what is Bitcoin and how does it work. For those who haven’t heard of it before: Bitcoin is a digital, decentralized, peer to peer currency. Bitcoin mining setup is same as traditional currency. The only difference is that it is not tied to a particular country. Yes, anyone, anywhere can use Bitcoin and make transactions without any legal obligations.
Unlike the traditional currency, Bitcoin is not regulated by a third party (government, the central bank, etc.) and only exist in the form of numbers in highly secured computers.
If you want to earn cryptocurrency, you cannot do it the traditional way.
Bitcoin mining explained
The only way to generate bitcoin is a process called Bitcoin mining.
In bitcoin mining, miners from all across the world connect with each other through the internet to form groups. Each group is asked to solve some mathematical algorithm. Those who are able to solve these problems are then rewarded with 25 coins for their successful efforts.
Is It Possible to Do Mining from Home?
Yes, it is. For starters, it will seem intricate and you’d need a little guidance to familiarize with it. Once you get used to it, it’s as easy as ABC.
for beginners, there are several visual mining programs to help them get familiarized. Find one if you are having troubles in understanding the process.
What Do You Need to Start Mining?
Before you could start mining, you must have the following equipment:
- Bitcoin wallet address. Having a wallet is necessary as it is used to store the coins and keeps track of your money
- A mining software. There are numerous mining programs out there. But if coding is not one of your strong attributes, go for a GUI version.
- A powerful computer to support the software
- Electricity because your computer needs to be up and running 24/7
- Internet connection (most of us already have it, but if you don’t, do it right now to start mining)
Learn how to setup a Bitcoin miner here.
Is Bitcoin Mining Profitable?
The work required to mine bitcoins increases and becomes harder over time. If you are using a less powerful computer, it might even take you years – let’s say, 10 to earn only one lot of 25 bitcoins.
At the time of writing, the worth of one bitcoin was $1096. Multiplying it with 25, we get $27,400 which is approximately $2,740 per year. Now if you compare the electricity bills and other costs, you will realize that the amount is pretty low.
So, the question is, how do miners make money through bitcoins?
To generate larger sums of money, the process needs to be faster and this is the main reason as to why miners work in the form groups. The more people in a group, the faster the mining.
However, if you are keen on working alone, then you will need to have enough financial power to buy thousands of low-power consuming; mining computers. This would make the process a lot faster.
Good luck with your venture!
Tags: How to setup a bitcoin miner
This brief guide teaches you how to use Tor-enabled internet browser on your iPhone device to put a stop to ad services, ISP, or cookies tracking your online activities.
Tor prevents these entities from tracking your use by encrypting the route to your iPhone’s IP address through different servers all across the world. This ultimately makes it virtually impossible for anyone to track your IP address without advanced knowledge or software.
Remember that there are several sites on Tor that do not show up during usual browsing. Some of the sites may contain harmful or illicit content. Visit them at your own discretion.
Steps Involved In Using Tor on iPhone:
- Go to App Store
- Tap Search
- In the search bar, type Tor
- Choose a Tor-enabled browser
- Tap Get
- Tap Install
- Open the Application
- Tap Connect to Tor
- Start browsing
Related: A beginner’s guide to Tor Browser
On Monday, the social media giant Twitter confirmed the rumours that it is going to follow Google and Facebook by banning cryptocurrency advertisements from the website.
According to the announcement, ICO ads, as well as advertisements related to exchanges, token sales, and wallet services (apart from public companies that are registered on the prime stock markets) will be removed from the site. A spokesperson said that the aim of this move is to make sure the safety of Twitter’s community.
New Twitter Policy
This Twitter ICO news went viral as the social media giant clarified:
“We have added a new policy for Twitter Ads relating to a cryptocurrency. Under this new policy, the advertisement of ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) and token sales will be prohibited globally.”
This latest twitter policy will be introduced within the next 30 days. But on the other hand, Twitter will be limiting advertisement for cryptocurrency exchanges in Japan to those, who are under the observation of the national financial regulator.
There were many rumours before that Twitter would ban advertisements related to cryptocurrency especially, when it was first reported by Sky News that such content would be banned from the Twitter’s platform within the next two weeks.
What Jack Dorsey has to say about it?
CEO of Twitter, Jack Dorsey, has conceded the proliferation of cryptocurrency scam accounts earlier, and pledged to crack down on bot accounts in search of cryptocurrencies from others.
Though, some of the site’s response exertions have led to account issues for standard users. According to Twitter, safety for users is the main motivator behind this ban. Few actions were also taken by Twitter in order to prevent accounts related to cryptocurrencies from engaging with others in an illusory manner, but then again it met calls to ratify more actions, subsequent to the bans from Google and Facebook.
Impact of Twitter’s Announcement on Crypto-Market
Cryptocurrency markets were already going through a slump, but after the announcement of Twitter banning cryptocurrency advertisements, the market fell even more.
While talking to Reuters, Kapronasia’s director of financial consultancy, Zennon Kapron mentioned the perils to Twitter itself and said:
“With the increasing number of ICOs coming to market, it is an impossible task for anyone, much fewer platforms like Twitter or Facebook, to keep on top of which ICOs and cryptocurrencies are genuine versus frauds… Although certainly, ICO advertising must have been a significant source of revenue for Twitter, the repercussions of fraudulent activities just weren’t worth the risk.”
In January 2018, Facebook restricted cryptocurrency advertising while the ban from Google was announced at the beginning of this month.
BitPay is an exchange platform, that allows its online traders to accept bitcoins. They just announced on their company blog that it now supports SegWit2x. BitPay is assuming that the block size will increase now that SegWit2x has been activated. This is what the founder Stephen Pair had to say:
“We need one Blockchain to serve as a backbone. That Blockchain must be secure and its asset must be liquid. The backbone network must also be highly available. This high-availability requirement means that we must remain in sync with the hash-rate majority chain. Block production on a minority fork of Bitcoin would be inconsistent, and it may cease to operate without emergency measures. Such a service interruption is unacceptable for us and for our users.”
It has been acknowledged that the Bitcoin Core does not support SegWit2x.
However, Breadwallet has also followed BitPay by showing support to the majority chain and accepting SegWit2x.
News Credits: cointelegraph.com
Bitcoin is the most widely used form of digital currency in the world. It is a kind of currency that is controlled and put away altogether by high-tech PCs spread over the Internet. More individuals and organizations are starting to use this currency.
Unlike a plain U.S. dollar or Euro, bitcoin is a type of payment system, much like Paypal. (Learn how to buy Bitcoin from PayPal in two minutes)
You can hold on to it, spend it or exchange it. It can be moved around as efficiently and effortlessly as sending an email.
For those seeking information on how to make online transactions anonymously, Bitcoin is the perfect answer. Bitcoin allows its users complete anonymity to make transactions and leaves behind no traces of personal information.
Down below, we have discussed some important points as to how Bitcoin makes a complete sense and whether it can be used as an alternative to the traditional currency.
Important Points to Understand Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin transactions are stored in public ledger called Blockchain. These transactions are recorded online and anyone with the access to Blockchain can view them. Thus, making the process more transparent. The transparency also drives new interest to the economy and results in the downfall of illegal use of the currency, such as drug ring.
- Saying that understanding Bitcoin is more than just a currency makes perfect sense. Unlike traditional currency, it can be transferred from one country to another without any legal obligations. It dissolves the global barriers and frees currency from the control of federal governments. However, the value of Bitcoin is still dependent on the U.S. dollar.
- Bitcoin is an open source software and the technology used in Bitcoin is quite interesting. The currency works under the laws of mathematics and is overseen by a group of highly skilled professionals. The software can run on thousands of machines simultaneously, operating in different parts of world – making it one of the unique programs out there.
- Bitcoin was created and released onto the internet 8 years ago by an anonymous programmer called “Satoshi Nakamoto”. The software is designed to run on multiple machines – called bitcoin miner – simultaneously. These machines can be accessed and operated by anyone on the planet with the basic understanding of a PC.
- Bitcoin miners are used to generate new coins and are designed to mine no more than 21 million coins before the year 2140. These machines enable the coins to slowly expand and encourage the Bitcoin miners to keep the system growing.
- When new coins are generated, they are given to the miners. The miners keep track of all the bitcoin transactions and add them to the Blockchain ledger. In exchange, they are rewarded with a few extra bitcoins. The currency reward limit currently stands at 25 bitcoins, which is paid out to the world’s miners about six times per hour. Those rates can change over time.
These are some facts that make Bitcoin unique in comparison to other currencies out there. Taking everything into account, bitcoin pushes the limits of innovation. Much like PayPal in its outset. However, the marketplace will have to decide if the risks related to Bitcoin and payment system make good sense in a longer run.