On Friday, Yahoo Japan confirmed that it has acquired a minority stake in a cryptocurrency exchange of Japan. According to Reuters, a subsidiary of Yahoo Japan, Z Corporation, has purchased a 40% stake in the Japanese crypto Exchange, “BitArg Exchange Tokyo,” which has the worth of almost $18.6 -$27 million. The exchange will be set to launch in the month of September, 2018.
Rumours of Acquisition
The rumours of the acquisition first came out in March; however, at that time they showed that the investment will be made by Yahoo Japan through YJFX, which is its forex transaction platform, and not through Z Corporation.
In a statement, Yahoo Japan said:
“By utilizing the service operation and security expertise of the Yahoo group, we support the operation of exchanges operated by BitArgo Exchange Tokyo.” Yahoo Japan also added that the exchange intends to offer services for customers that are secure and easy to use.
Japan is considered as an industry hub as it has above three million domestic crypto-traders. The news of Yahoo Japan’s investment showed up just after days when the financial regulator of the country ordered crypto exchanges; FSHO and Eternal Link, to stop operations due to inadequate KYC procedures. Similarly, another prominent acquisition happened this month – Monex Group announced that it struck a deal to acquire Coincheck exchange, as it went through a major hack at the beginning of this year.
After the Yahoo crypto news, Monex, which is known as a major Japanese online brokerage has confirmed its acquisition of Coincheck and was undeterred even with Coincheck getting lots of criticism for negligent-security procedures the whole year that led it to the mugging of $530 million of NEM tokens from its wallet.
Even with interruptions, SB, which is a Japanese banking giant is set to launch its own cryptocurrency exchange after firming up the security measures when the FSA is considering to ramp up its scrutiny of exchanges after the theft of Coincheck. Also, Messaging giant Line, that has a market cap of more than $9 billion and has almost 600 million registered users as well as 200 million monthly active users, has also filed an application with FSA in order to launch its own cryptocurrency exchange in Japan.
Bitcoin has taken the world by storm over the last couple of years. everyone, be it a kid or an elderly person, seems to be talking about Bitcoin as it is deemed to be the instant way to become rich. And quite rightly so, as there are numerous stories of people going from rags to riches just within a matter of days/months. This has led people believing bitcoin is an instant way to become and they are often seen asking: how to buy a bitcoin / bitcoins?
The best and safest way to buy Bitcoin is through exchange. There are numerous exchanges that sell Bitcoin both in bulk and minority. Some reliable exchanges are: CoinBase, BitQuick, Wall of Coins.
Once you have bought bitcoins and held them long enough to significantly appreciate in value, it’s time to sell.
Don’t know how to sell bitcoins?
Trade them at an exchange or find buyers in your area through local bitcoins and sell them on high returns.
You can sell Bitcoin for cash, commodities such as gold, or something you want to have in your locker to look at.
Remember that Bitcoin is highly unstable and continuously goes up and down in value. So, don’t hold much on your bitcoins and sell them right when the profit is high.
Bitcoin is a decentralized, peer to peer, digital currency. It can be sent from person to another without having to go through a clearing house. Since the currency is not monitored or regulated, the transaction fees are extremely low. And this is the main reason as to why the use of Bitcoin is increasing each day and people are making a lot of money online through cryptocurrency.
If you are also fascinated by Bitcoin and want to learn about how to make money online using bitcoins, you have come to the right place.
Here we have discussed some ways that will help you earn money online using digital currency. Give each a solid read.
Ways to Make Money Online Through Bitcoin:
What are Bitcoin faucets? These are websites/apps that dole out the reward in the form of satoshi: hundredth of a millionth BTC. The reward is distributed among those who complete a specific task given by a faucet.
Once you get used to the faucet system, it becomes more like an addicting game. So it turns out to be a great way to make money while having fun solving CAPTCHAs.
One of the easiest ways to earn Bitcoin online is using bots that automatically trade bitcoins for users. These bots work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week which is quite remarkable, especially for beginners as they lack the expertise of trading coins.
The most common way of Affiliate Bitcoining is to set up your own website and offer tutorials about bitcoins for a formal fee. The paramount advantage of having a personal website is that it attracts several advertisement agencies to place ads; which is a great way to make online money.
Mining is the main source of generating bitcoins. In bitcoin mining, multiple miners connect with each other to form a pool – also known as bitcoin mining pool. These miners then work on solving blocks. Once a block is solved, the pool members receive their reward in the form of bitcoin.
Since the bitcoin is treated as a currency, loaning your coins is a great way to generate large sums of money.
These are some proven ways to make money online through bitcoins. However, there are always some security risks involved in online money generating techniques, and bitcoin is no exception.
There are a couple of things that you should be aware of, such as websites that ask for plugin additions on your system. It’s a huge red flag. Steer clear of such websites. It could be a trick to steal your information which ultimately puts you at the risk of theft.
These are some simple ways to make money online using bitcoins. Although they seem pretty simple and straightforward, you will need time to get used to it. Moreover, there are some risks involved – such as information stealing websites. So you will need to be extremely careful to avoid being another name on the victim list of Bitcoin scams.
This article will explain the six easy methods to buy Bitcoin in the UK. It depends on whether you choose to buy Bitcoin using cash, card or bank transfer. You will have different options available to you.
Here are some ways to buy Bitcoin in the UK.
Method 1 – Buy Bitcoin with Credit Card in the UK:
Some steps to buy Bitcoin with credit card in the UK are:
- Pick a Website: Some of the best sites to buy Bitcoin with credit card in the UK include Bittylicious, CoinCorner, and Circle. This is the not much secure way and because of less security currently, it attracts the lowest limits, highest fee, and most strict verification. The process mostly includes some steps which are chosen service and follow their on-site instructions. The Circle may change this trend but they are newcomers and don’t officially support UK cards.
- Enter the Amount You Want to Convert: The limits of transactions may be low at the start but they may increase after the first successful transaction or after finishing their verification procedures.
- Enter the Bitcoin Wallet Address for whom You want to make payment to.
- Make the Card Payment
- Depending on restrictions to each site, after some time and verification, you’ll receive your Bitcoin.
Method 2 – Buy Bitcoin Using a Buying Service:
Some steps to buy Bitcoin using a buying service are:
- Pick a service: The purpose of buying services is to make it easy to buy a small amount of Bitcoin. Best options in the UK include Bittylicious, SpeedyBitcoin, QuickBitcoin, CoinCorner, and CoinDuit. Some of them accept cards and some accept cash payments.
- Enter the amount You want to exchange.
- Enter the Bitcoin Wallet Address for whom You want to make payment to.
- You will pay them usually by Bank Transfer, and you must have the transaction reference which they provide you with.
- Within 15 minutes after the payment, you’ll receive your Bitcoin.
Method 3 – Buy Bitcoin Using an Exchange:
- Go to a Bitcoin Exchange as CoinCorner and CoinFloor and create an account. CoinCorner and CoinFloor allow you to pay directly in Pounds. You may also choose Bitstamp and Kraken but these Exchanges will involve a conversion of Pounds to Euros and also a SEPA transfer. Generally, this conversion results in an additional fee. This is the best option if you buy Bitcoin regularly or in bigger quantities, as the Exchange rates are generally most competitive. If you just starting you must prefer to use a different option.
- Transfer in money by SEPA or Bank Transfer.
- Wait for your money to clear about 1 to 4 working days. This differs between Exchanges.
- Transfer your money for bitcoins.
- Transfer your Coins from Exchange to you Bitcoin Wallet.
Method 4 – Buy Bitcoin with ATM:
- Check if there is a Bitcoin ATM nearby.
- Make sure before going to the ATM that you’ve some Pounds Sterling notes because these machines don’t accept credit/debit cards.
- Go to the ATM. You may also have to bring Proof of ID because some ATM machines require this.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 5 – Buy Bitcoin from a Friend Who Owns Bitcoin:
- Find a friend who already owns Bitcoin.
- Check the exchange rate.
- Decide a number of Pounds which you want to exchange.
- Pay them your Pounds.
- Provide them your Bitcoin Wallet address so your friends can pay you in Bitcoin.
Method 6 – Buy Bitcoin Using a Trader:
- Find a Bitcoin Trader as Mycelium, BitBargain, and LocalBitcoins.
- Choose a Trader with a respectable reputation score.
- Send a message to Trader and ask further details about how to pay. For pay through cash agree the meeting place and time.
- When the seller gets the payments, the seller issues the Bitcoin amount to Bitcoin Wallet address you provided.