According to the latest blockchain news 2018, the vice president of a European Commission has officially asked the EU nations to commit to blockchain-technology; which, according to him, is going mainstream. The vice president of the European Commission said this in a speech on “digitization,” and highlighted the blockchain technology as an area that EU nations must be committing to. European Commission vice-president, Andrus Ansip highlighted blockchain technology amid the parts where Europe is top-positioned and is playing a leading role along with AI (Artificial Intelligence).
EU’s Opening Remarks
The official offered the “opening remarks” of the annual ‘Digital Day’ of European Union, which was initially held in Brussels this year, where Ansip stated:
“I would like to see EU countries make a similar commitment (as with AI) to blockchain technologies – now moving out of the lab and going mainstream. As with AI: we should make the most of this new opportunity to innovate.”
In order to achieve their aim, the European Commission’s official called on national governments as well as private sectors to subsidize the cause and stated the EU’s own “public purse only goes so far”, demonstrating almost 1% of the yearly-wealth produced by economies of EU and added, that they need a hard crash.
The remarks were quite noteworthy as they came up just within weeks, earlier in the month of February, when EU launched its own “Blockchain Observatory.” The EU blockchain establishment was first announced by the EC last year and was a response to an European Parliament mandate to reinforce the technical proficiency of EU in innovative technologies.
European Blockchain Partnership
According to the European Commission, it will be investing €300 million in projects that are linked to the use of blockchain technology directly. The EU also unveiled that it is placing the groundwork which is required to create a “European Blockchain Partnership” for promoting interoperable-infrastructures, amid EU nations, to boost and stand-in trusted digital services. In the meantime, the officials of EC previously hinted that they’d be presenting a regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies.
Is the bitcoin mining being really profitable? Some of this technology users say yes, it is profitable. Whereas, bitcoin mining is a difficult task while you are competing against Chinese miners. As the year 2016 was the best for mining described by the stakeholders. While mining of the bitcoin become difficult after a second halving event. Whereas, reward on mining of one block decline from 25 to 12.5 BTC.
You need more efficient mining hardware if you want to compete and continue with bitcoin mining process. Few of the mining hardware are given below,
Ant miner S5
This is the cheapest miner often known as the entry-level miner. Users of this device are fully satisfied with it. But the block reward is decreasing now. You are not able to generate 0.05 coins in revenues. In addition, to get full BTC, miners have to operate one year and eight months.
Ant miner S7
You have the ability to produce 0.15 bitcoin with ant miner S7 to become a leader. While, If the currency value continually growing up, it will be the very good investment. This device is better for the early adopter of the technology. Whereas, it is not enough strong to produce a large number of bitcoin.
Avalon 6 is same as s5 and s7 with little changes. While the users of this technology are fully satisfied with it. Miners mostly select s7 instead of Avalon 6 because of it is $100 more expensive than s7. This software has the capacity to earn 0.12 bitcoin per month.
Ant miner R4
This mining machine is specially designed to mine bitcoin at home as a hobby. It has the ability to compete with s7. In addition, the upside of this hardware is cooling machine. Furthermore, it is quite compared to the other bitcoin miners. You can break even with this device within a year. Whereas, it involves the risky investments. And miners become outdated after six to nine month. ROI only produce in case of currency values continually increases.
Avalon introduce the most recent mining device Avalon 7 or 721. It is quite cheap as compared to the modern mining hardware devices. In addition, with entry-level mining, miners can break even within two years.
Ant miner S9
It is basically a cream of the crop. In addition, with the capacity to mine 3 or 4 times more BTC, it is five-time expensive. This device uses electricity more efficiently because it provides the profit at a short time period.
Accordingly, this device is new in the market is the most sophisticated rig. Antminer has the capacity to mine 0.5 coin monthly in which extra expenses are not included. Whereas, with the greater hashing power Antminer S9 work efficiently.
A top maker of the Application Specific Integrated Circuit hardware (ASIC) Bitmain is easily available for the public in a market. S9 is the latest model in the market. Whereas, its chip is smaller than the others mining hardware but is more efficient in working.
Accordingly, miners will be able to break even within the year.
Upcoming mining hardware
Following are some mining hardware with efficient mining capacity.
Fast- hash one
Fast- hash one series is including silver edition, gold edition, platinum edition means three model machine is in one setup. Machines come with the same module. And has a capacity to up-grated up to six.
|Editions||Start||Tops out||Produce bitcoin|
|Silver edition||64GH/s||384GH/s||0.2 up to 0.85 bitcoin per day|
|Gold edition||128GH/s||768GH/s||Same as above|
|Platinum edition||256GH/s||1.536 TH/s||Same as above|
Gold and platinum editions support up to six expansion cases. Whereas, silver does not support this sort of cases. These miners are available for pre-order and each extension contains 16 modules.
The price of this fast-hash one is $2499- $5999.
CoinTerra and TerraMiner IV
CoinTerra and TerraMiner IV is bitcoin mining machine. Which is drove by CoinTerra’s own in-house ASIC chips, Goldstrike I. In addition, TerraMiner with 4U power supply is built on 28nm process.
This miner contains 4 ASIC chips with the hash rate of 500 GH/s. Accordingly, CoinTerra IV has the total hash rate of 2TH/s. Furthermore, a price of $ 5999, CoinTerra translate to just over 1.1 bitcoin per day.
Hashfast sierra is an efficient performance mining machine. It is basically built into 4U mountable case with two seansonic power supplies. Sierra has the hash rate of 1.2 TH/s means 0.66 bitcoin per day. This miner does not have an on-boarder controller. So, you have to connect through a USB. This main control is everything that will run CGminer, a mining software. Hashfast sierra with a cost of $6300 is available.
Black arrow Prospero X-3
Black arrow X-3 is presented by 20 black arrow minion ASIC chips. The ASIC built on 28 nm processor and are in-house design. The 20 Minion ASIC chips in the Prospero X-3 give it a hash rate of 2TH/s, good for about 1.1 Bitcoins per day as of the time of writing. The Prospero X-3 has been designed with up to 20% under- and overclocks in mind. It also supports the lightweight Stratum mining protocol.
The Prospero X-3 is available for pre-order and is scheduled to be available at the end of February 2014.
The price of this mining hardware is $6999.
This miner is quite possibly the granddaddy of all Bitcoin mining machines. Whereas, it is basically four modular 20nm ASIC boards, designed so that the machine will continue mining even if one (or more) of the boards fails. Accordingly, it follows up from their previous miner, the Jupiter, which was built on a 28nm process.
The Neptune has a minimum hashing speed of 3TH/s, which translates to about 1.66 Bitcoins a day. This is a vast improvement on the Jupiter, which was only able to mine 0.6 Bitcoins a day. KnCMiner also mentions that they have the right to increase the speeds as it nears shipment, so the Neptune might end up being even faster once it gets into miners’ hands.
The KnCMiner Neptune is currently available for pre-order and is scheduled to begin shipping in Q1/Q2 of 2014, limited to 1200 units.
The price of this mining machine is $12,995.
Ethereum’s price made the headlines on Tuesday as news of it hitting a new all-time high circulated the web. On the other hand, Bitcoin’s market share dropped below 50 percent for the first time in over a month.
From $19,130 on Monday to $18,191 on Tuesday morning, bitcoin’s price declined by nearly $1000. A 5 percent decline was observed within 24 hours which reduced bitcoin’s market cap to $304.7 billion. While the reason is still unsure, it is observed that the global average bitcoin price has hit $20,000 in several instances unlike the BTC/USD in major exchanges such as Bitfinex and Bitstamp.
Ethereum Takes the Crypto-Verse by A Storm:
As for Ethereum, it had been hovering around $300 for quite some time while Bitcoin was surging. But, the cryptocurrency took December by a storm and ripped the charts by surpassing $800, first touching at $882 then finally settling at $824. Showing a 24-hour gain of 12 percent, with a market cap of $79.5 billion.
Bitcoin Cash Following Closely Behind at $2,500:
Ethereum was not the only altcoin to shine at bitcoin’s fall-out, bitcoin cash price showed an impressive rally of 21 percent. Enabling the altcoin market to rise by $25 million and making their combined valuation to touchdown at $300 billion for the very first time.
By Tuesday morning, bitcoin cash’s price had settled down to $2292 and a $38.7 billion market cap.
In addition, Ripple and Litecoin were also one of the lucky altcoins to benefit from bitcoin’s expense by experiencing an increase of four percent and seven percent respectively. Ripple’s market share now lying at $30.5 billion and Litecoin’s at $18.7 billion.
Surprisingly, besides Bitcoin, the rest of these altcoins had experienced a great rally on Tuesday. While none of them have actually been successful enough to throw off the biggest cryptocurrency, they’re set out to be great competitors.
Brief History of Bitcoin
Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, which was launched in 2009 by a mysterious developer, with a name “Satoshi Nakamoto.” Since the creation of Bitcoin, it has inspired thousands of other cryptocurrencies (generally called altcoins) and has gained an enormous acceptance across the world.
Though some altcoins have copied some aspects from the original concept of Satoshi, other altcoins also made significant development on the Bitcoin model. However, in some cases, some altcoins are just a copy of bitcoin and have the similar underlying program – but at the same time, they are a bit different from the original Bitcoin. In such cases, the bitcoin blockchain should undergo a procedure which is called “forking.”
- In forking process, Bitcoin blockchain divided itself into two distinct entities.
- Through forking, numerous cryptos with a similar name to Bitcoin were generated, including; bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash.
- It may be a bit difficult for a casual investor to differentiate amid these cryptos and to plan the dissimilar hard forks on a timeline.
What is Genesis Block?
- After Bitcoin was created, the first block was referred to as “Genesis Block.” It was mined on the Bitcoin blockchain by Satoshi.
- Satoshi made many changes to the Bitcoin network in this process and those changes have now become even more complex as the userbase of Bitcoin has fully-fledged.
- Not one can regulate when and how Bitcoin should upgrade, and this makes the entire process of changing/updating the system a little bit more complex.
- Even after the creation of Genesis Block, a number of hard forks still existed.
- Hard fork included the upgrading of software executing bitcoin and its mining processes.
- Once a software is upgraded by a user, that software version discards all other transaction from older software and generates a new branch of the bitcoin blockchain.
- However, users who use the older software are still going to continue to process transactions, henceforth, there’d be a similar set of transactions going on across two different Blockchains.
- This is one of the most notable Bitcoin hard forks.
- In 2014, Mike Hearn made the software for integrating some of the new features that he proposed.
- At that time, Bitcoin allowed only 7 transactions-per-second.
- Bitcoin XT was intended to allow 24 transactions-per-second.
- Bitcoin XT primarily experienced a great success after its launch, with almost 1,000 nodes running its software (back in 2015).
- However, just after few months, users lost interest in Bitcoin XT, making it ‘doomed to die.’
- Even though Bitcoin XT is officially available today, but it has visibly tumbled out of the errand of crypto community.
- After Bitcoin XT failed, few cryptocurrency community members demanded an increase in the block sizes.
To accomplish this goal, Bitcoin Classic was created in 2016.
- Unlike Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Classic intended to raise block size to only 2 megabytes.
- Just like Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Classic also saw initial interest with almost 2,000 nodes for few months in 2016.
- Bitcoin Classic still exists today and has gained a strong support from some developers.
- In 2015, Bitcoin core developer, Peter Wuille introduced the idea of SegWit (Segregated Witness).
- SegWit aims to reduce the size of all Bitcoin transactions, letting more transactions to come off at the same time.
- However, SegWit was officially a soft fork and might have assisted in prompting hard forks after it was initially proposed.
- Some community users and developers decided to introduce a hard fork in response to SegWit, as well as to evade the procedure-updates.
- This, at the same time led to the creation of Bitcoin Cash.
- Bitcoin Cash detached from the main blockchain in August 2017 – when Bitcoin transactions were excluded by Bitcoin Cash wallets.
- Up till now, Bitcoin Cash is the most effective and successful hard fork of Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Cash is also the 4th largest cryptocurrency by market cap and allows blocks of 8 megabytes.
- After the creation of Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold was created.
- The creators of Bitcoin Gold intended to evoke the mining functionality with elementary GPU (Graphics Processing Units) since they experienced that mining became also particular – in terms of hardware necessities.
- Post-mine is an exclusive feature of the Bitcoin Gold and a procedure through which the developers mined 100,000 coins.
- In general, Bitcoin Gold follows the basic concepts of Bitcoin.
- Also, it is different in terms of ‘proof-of-work algorithm.’
As Bitcoin has been forked quite a few times within few years, there is a possibility that Bitcoin would still continuously experience both soft forks and hard forks in the future.
Online pharmacies are the pharmacies that allow purchasing of the medications hard to find at physical drug stores. Due to increase in the demand for prescription drugs, numerous online pharmacies have popped up on the chart. These pharmacies mainly deal only with fiat. However, with the ever-growing popularity of cryptocurrencies, the trend is starting to shift as online pharmacies have already started accepting Bitcoin payments in exchange for their services. In addition, some online pharmacies offer special discounts to those who opt for Bitcoin as a payment option due to simple Bitcoin exchange rates.
Bitcoin Online Pharmacies – Bitcoin As A Payment Option:
Over the last couple of years, there has been an alarming rise in drug prices. The same medications cost $11 are now being sold for over $35. Yes, more than 200% higher!!!
This astonishing price increase is really a worrying issue. However, there is one solution: Bitcoin. A lot of online pharmacies are allowing their customers to pay in Bitcoin for convenient purchases. Also, some financial analysts have shown their support for Bitcoin pharmacy trend and declared it a good investment option.
Those who have put some of their resources into Bitcoin for the sake of increasing income in near future; they indeed have made a good deal.
At this point, one might ask: “Why using Bitcoin as a payment option is a good deal?” Well, Bitcoin is a safe mode of doing business. It is not tied to your bank account, provides user anonymity, and takes the security to another level to complete online purchases.
How To Use Bitcoin As A Payment?
The majority of online pharmacies accepting Bitcoin offer special discounts to their customers who use Bitcoin to pay the bills. Anyone who wishes to pay in Bitcoin must own a virtual wallet and have access to a Bitcoin buying platform.
The online pharmacies have established a guideline for their crypto users. According to the guideline, a user must not engage in buying or selling Bitcoin until they receive an email, confirming the number of bitcoins required to complete the order.
This helps the customers avoid any security-related issues.
What Are The Best Places To Buy Prescription Drugs Online With Bitcoin?
Once you have made up your mind to buy prescription drugs online with Bitcoin, do a simple Google search. The results will contain many names that incorporate Bitcoin payments.
Some names that you might want to bookmark are:
With the latest advancements in cryptocurrency technology, bitcoin health stores have become an essential part of the payment system. As a result, several online pharmacies are now offering their services for Bitcoin. To encourage the usage of this currency, the pharmacies are also offering special discounts to those buying their products with Bitcoin, thus lowering the cost of prescription medicines.