According to the latest Initial Coin Offering news, ICO scams have increased scepticism and suspicion in few recent campaigns. This distrust is somehow defensible with plenty of legitimate projects that act as a ‘front’ for fast money-making-schemes. Though, there are still many genuine and reliable initial coin offerings being launched.
How to Treat Your ICO?
- Before you launch an initial coin offering, you should fulfil certain requirements and standards, including the publication of a whitepaper.
- The main thing is to identify that your attempt to attract an investment in an ICO must have to be in your own way and through more traditional means.
- Make sure that you have provided enough information in order to be transparent and reliable. Likewise, it is worth being cognizant that a typical ICO whitepaper has almost 20 pages, however, a prospectus of a stock market investment can be of almost hundreds of pages.
Determine the Problem
- If you can evidently present an issue in a given industry, and clearly explain how you can solve that problem, you will definitely attract contributors.
- Many companies have claimed that their novelty/solution is firm to change any given industry, as they can be seen in many ICO schedules.
- On the other hand, winners will be those, who’d offer the finest solution; as well as those who are new to the market.
- If you want to make sure that whether your proposed ICO is going to attract the potential participants or not, you’ll have to evidently demonstrate the value that you add to your service.
Determine Why blockchain is the best solution
- The solutions provided by the blockchain technology are definitely worth the hype. Though, in your proposed offering, it’s imperative to demonstrate how and why a blockchain-solution is the finest course of the act for the problem that you are attempting to re
- It is often due to an existing/growing network of contributors that can actually profit from the blockchain network primers as well as tokenization to advance the service/product.
- It is imperative to have the ability to explain how you will attract people to the network that is created by you and how it will be monetized.
Robust Corporate Governance
- Contributors that are potential to your business will always do a good research on the team and explore the idea behind your company.
- Ensure to clearly explain the knowledge and involvement you have behind your company as it’s good to prove that your idea was analyzed and developed already.
- Also, you should form a corporate governance structure that is matched with present structures.
- There are ways to promote your ICO campaign without using Google and other social media platforms – Google, which has already banned advertisements related to ICOs.
- Ensure that you are utilizing each and every tool in your clearance to make the exposure.
- Online presence across cryptocurrency calendar websites, other information portals, and cryptocurrency apps is also quite imperative.
- You can find advisers and agencies that are specializing in ICOs so that they can assist you well, however, pick them wisely before using your budget for extra support.
- Make sure that your diary is full of meet-ups and conferences.
- It is a hard slog to get your name to be known, but still, it is more important that you are ‘far and wide.’
- Inducing a renowned investment entity will also verify the success and failure of the ICO.
- The comfort through which potential contributors can get information about the token sale development and the whitepaper matters a lot, as it demonstrates that you didn’t hide anything.
- A genuine ICO can be tracked through the token sale address, while a fake ICO will try its best to hide how its sale progress is surging through numerous individual contribution addresses.
- This doesn’t only disguise how far the live sale of the ICO will go, but also the accurate amount.
If any of these factors are difficult to find, it is a sign that something is wrong and potential participants should look somewhere else.
European Commissioner, Mariya Gabriel, has confirmed that European Commission is going to pay attention to the growing electricity consumption in the European Union, for the cryptocurrency mining, as she supervises and manages digital economy and the social order. A notice was posted on the European Parliament website and according to that notice, this issue was addressed by Gabriel in response to a question that was presented in the parliament.
The Issue of Power Consumption
Gabriel mentioned, that the Commission is well-aware of the issues like growing electricity consumption for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. This issue is going to be perilous, especially for bitcoin, as the cryptocurrency mining is intense in China. Whereas, according to some estimates, two-third of entire mining takes place in China, and some of the mining is done in other places.
The statement also noted that no legal basis is there to avert or limit energy consumed inside the EU at this time. However, specifying that electrical consumption is an economic movement, it is an issue for EU regulations that also apply to energy proficiency, greenhouse gas emissions and the power sector. The cryptocurrency mining business model is based on providing a high assessment of cryptocurrencies. The growing electricity consumption and the price, both are expected to alter the demand and worth for cryptocurrencies.
Mining Isn’t Illegal
The Commission didn’t invoke in any way to follow the cryptocurrency mining since, it’s not an illegitimate activity. Though, the activity will be reviewed by the Commission as it has an impact on the demand for energy. Gabriel further stated that it’s always essential to keep this thing in your mind that many auspicious applications of blockchain technology usually don’t have an extreme need for processing power.
Christine Lagarde, Managing Director at International Monetary Fund, told in January that bitcoin mining is way too much energy intensive. It’s been warned by many environmentalists’ and analysts that the world is already battling with the climate change and that’s why industry’s power usage has turned in to such a huge concern.
EU Plans to Establish Blockchain
Last year, few plans were announced by the European Commission to launch an EU Blockchain Observatory as a response to a mandate of European Parliament for strengthening technical proficiency and governing bulk. In this project, an observatory and a forum will be included to collect the information from the blockchain technology and distributed ledger technology. Their main aim is to launch an EU expertise source for progressive blockchain subjects. The other goal is to contribute the EC for boosting the creation of technologies like these and to advance policy endorsements.
Kuper Sotheby’s International Realty is a Texas-based real estate firm that just made its first sale of a property using Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is gaining a massive amount of media coverage the past few years and has become the world’s most popular digital currency. For starters, it was just buying everyday items. This later expanded to purchasing flight tickets and online games and now you can buy luxurious items such as yachts, a suite, and a custom-built home.
While the price of the home hasn’t been revealed, the buyer focused more on the ease of the transaction. He simply transferred the coins to the seller’s wallet, who converted them to U.S. dollars.
“In all of my 33 years of closing transactions, I honestly couldn’t have expected something so unique to go so smoothly,” said Kuper Sotheby’s Sheryl Lowe, the buyer’s agent, in a press release. “In a matter of 10 minutes, the bitcoin was changed to U.S. dollars and the deal was done!”
This shuts the comments made about bitcoin being “a fraud.” Moreover, it shows that more and more people are now beginning to accept cryptocurrencies and applying them in their day-to-day life.
News Credits: futurism.com
Image Credits: OWLbtc.com
Tags: bitcoin in Texas, bitcoin Texas, bitcoin news
Bitcoin is the most popular form of digital currency. The use of bitcoin is increasing each day, and it’s becoming progressively hard to earn them. If you are one of the people who are keen on starting a venture in the world of Bitcoin, and looking for ways to generate your own coins, here are some killer tips that will help you learn how to earn Bitcoin – the most valuable cryptocurrency out there.
The Killer Ways to Earn Bitcoin – Accept It as A Form of Payment:
One of the easiest ways to earn bitcoins. If you own a large corporation, run a small business, are a shopkeeper or just provide your services online, start accepting bitcoins in payments.
To accept bitcoins payment, you will need to follow a few steps. The steps include:
Get a Wallet:
To switch to bitcoin payments, you will need a bitcoin wallet. It’s a virtual wallet which is used to store Bitcoin.
Display “Bitcoin is Accepted Here” Logo:
Once you have the wallet, display the logo that says “Bitcoin is accepted here”. This will help your clients realize that you accept Bitcoin payments.
Check out our guide on how to accept Bitcoin payments here.
Earn by Completing Specific Tasks on Websites:
There are several websites that offer bitcoins for completing certain tasks. Some even offer bitcoins just for visiting their home page. The concept is similar to the good old free TV. You watch numerous ads, and in between these ads, you get to see something that grabs your intention, like a funny clip or a song.
Earn Through Mining:
One of the easiest ways to get bitcoins. In Bitcoin mining, the miners from all across the world connect with each other through mining computers and the internet to form groups. These groups are then given certain problems to solve. Those who successfully solve these problems are rewarded with bitcoins.
To do the mining, you will need a powerful computer, fast internet and electricity to keep the computer running 24/7.
Earn Bitcoins Through Tips:
Accepting bitcoin through tips is similar to accepting bitcoin as payment. You will need a wallet, QR code with bitcoin wallet address on it and people who can potentially give tips in bitcoins.
Here are some ways through which you can get in touch with people who deal in bitcoins:
- If you have a shop, simply display the QR code and keep an eye on what’s coming in.
- If you don’t own a shop, no worries. You can also accept tips through blog posts. Simply put your QR code somewhere where the users can easily see it and then decide how they want to tip you.
- Another cool way for getting online tips is Bitfortip. The service directs you to people who are willing to give away bitcoin tips
These are some easiest ways to earn bitcoins. Putting it in a nutshell, you can earn Bitcoin by accepting it in the form of payment, writing online blogs, visiting different websites and completing specific tasks, and via tips.
Good luck with your venture.
Tor is an open network and a free software which allows people to enjoy maximum level of security and privacy on the internet. Nothing comes close to Tor when it comes to hiding your identity while surfing the internet.
Tor hides your personal identity by routing your system’s internet traffic over several places on the internet. However, there are still some loopholes that you may want to eradicate in order to steer clear from any monitoring agencies.
In this article, we have discussed 5 Do’s and 5 Don’ts to enhance your online safety.
Related: Beginner’s Guide to Tor
Do’s To Increase Your Online Safety:
Anyone who is skeptical of the online privacy should never put his trust into people at the back of the internet such as ISPs, web service providers, government agencies, etc. Tor is the best browser for online anonymity and that’s the biggest reason why we recommend using it.
Update Your System:
Tor is just another software which runs on top of your OS. Meaning that it is only as safe and secure as the system it runs on. We advise you to daily update your OS, Tor client, browser, email clients, instant messaging clients, etc.
If somehow, a hacker is able to get hold of your OS, then even Tor can’t protect your online privacy.
Encrypt Your Data Storage:
Although Tor anonymizes your location, it does nothing to secure the digital data on your computer. Data protection on your system can only be achieved if you keep the data in encrypted form. So, make sure you use a strong encryption algorithm such as LUKS to keep your system from various threats.
Using Tor with Java, Flash, and JavaSript leaves your data vulnerable to attackers. This is because these applications run with user account’s privileges which allow them to access/share your data.
Delete Cookies And Local Data Of Site:
Tor browser hides your real identity using network packets and routes your traffic through numerous relays to protect you from traffic analysis. However, some websites may still be able to track your activities using cookies and data storage. In order to go complete anonymous, make sure your cookies and site’s local data is disabled.
5 Don’ts To Increase Your Online Safety:
Do not use windows:
Windows is simply not best of the choices to improve your online privacy. The OS comes with several bugs and the loopholes that are present in the system and may leave you vulnerable to security issues. Rather use a Linux system for better Tor experience.
Avoid Using HTTP Websites:
The onion router is only a traffic router and does not encrypt the network traffic through the internet. This means that the origin of your network traffic is only anonymized inside the tor network and not outside of it; which results in exit nodes of Tor reading your internet traffic in the form of unencrypted data. The best way to avoid this is using end-to-end encryption such as TLS or SSL while on Tor.
Do Not Use Tor Browser Bundle:
Do not use Tor browser bundle for online privacy under any circumstances. A recent FBI breakdown of freedom hosting (a hidden web hosting service running on Tor network) was only possible due to vulnerabilities of Tor browser bundle. So, make sure you are not using this bundle.
Do Not Use P2P:
Tor network is not built for P2P file sharing as the exit nodes of the network are specifically meant to block file sharing. Plus, downloading torrents is considered abuse to the Tor network as it slows down the speed for other users browsing on the network and increases the threat to your online privacy. So it’s better to not use P2P on Tor.
Do Not Use Google:
If you care about your privacy, do not use Google at all. Google is infamous for collecting user information and browsing data to aid the growth of its ads revenue. The best alternatives to Google for Tor are DuckDuckGo and StartPage.
It’s not easy to steer clear when everyone is after your privacy. Despite all its vulnerabilities and weakness, Tor is still the best privacy tool we have for our online security. However, in order to bypass all these security threats, just follow the Do’s and Don’ts discussed above and you will be good to go.