In the month of April 2018, 17 millionth Bitcoin was mined. But why this number is significant? Well, only four million tokens are left to mine. Bitcoin’s blockchain protocol is what makes Bitcoin mining a bit difficult, and the Bitcoin reward for mining a block also splits every 210,000 blocks. As seen, 12.5 BTC reward is received by the miners for unlocking a new block.
Mining of the Last Bitcoin
At this time, miners are deeply encouraged to mine so that they can get gradually more treasured Bitcoin tokens as a reward — before the supply reaches the capacity. However, when 21 million market cap is hit, there won’t be any Bitcoin rewards for miners. Though, transactions will be still required to get validated and stored on blocks, so that miners can profit from the transaction fees.
- Last year, the issue of scalability – block capacity – transaction costs showed up.
- 1MB size limit for blocks was implemented by Nakamoto for halting miners making bigger blocks that were expected to be excluded from the network, as it could cause the blockchain to split.
- At that time, the limit was big enough because of the small number of transactions. However, apprehensions that elevated were ultimately comprehended as Bitcoin advanced in popularity.
- Ultimately, Bitcoin Core developers came up with a solution under the name “Segregated Witness,” which is more commonly known as SegWit.
- Fundamentally, Segwit splits non-signature data from signature data of all transactions — significantly reduces transaction sizes that are stored on a block.
- Moreover, it cancels out transaction flexibility by eliminating signatures from transaction data, paving the way for ‘Lightning Network’ incorporation.
Eventually, Segwit was implemented in August 2017, as a foremost stakeholder from the major Bitcoin mining pools and Bitcoin companies – for a solution to high transactions fees instigated by an accumulation due to the block size limits.
Core warning — the implementation of Segwit was possible because of the consent of the Bitcoin community. Even though there were huge concerns such as the inadequacies of Segwit2X, the community was divided up and the change was certainly not implemented.
- Since August 2017, the implementation of Segwit has been slow across the global network. However, Bitfinex and Coinbase only presented the alteration in February 2018.
- The launch matched with reducing the transaction fees – a testament to the envisioned outcome of Segwit incorporation.
- SegWit’s implementation laid the foundation for second layer solutions as well, in order to improve the network of Bitcoin.
- The most projected one is the Lightning Network – it will do the same as the SegWit – though on a grander scale.
- In terms of layman, the Lightning Network lets users excavate many payment channels amid themselves – off the Bitcoin blockchain.
- The channel is going to be opened and recorded on the blockchain, though transactions will be made “off chain” till the payment channel is closed.
- Basically, Bitcoin is deposited in this channel by users, so that they could make transactions by transferring potential of possession to each other.
- When they plan to close the channel, users take their part of the total sum – the ownership of those sums is recorded on the blockchain.
This second layer solution matters a lot, as it will significantly upsurge the speed of transactions and the whole network. But if we talk about the future of bitcoin mining, this does stance few interesting questions for miners in the upcoming time. Once all 21 million Bitcoin have been mined – transaction fees would be the one and only incentive for miners. If the Lightning Network is completely integrated by that time, there’d be quite fewer transactions being recorded per-day. This could at the same time affect the amount of money that miners will be getting from transactions. Though, if we look 100 years from now, it is expected that all of these issues will have been solved by the wider crypto-community and Bitcoin Core developers.
According to the latest Initial Coin Offering news, ICO scams have increased scepticism and suspicion in few recent campaigns. This distrust is somehow defensible with plenty of legitimate projects that act as a ‘front’ for fast money-making-schemes. Though, there are still many genuine and reliable initial coin offerings being launched.
How to Treat Your ICO?
- Before you launch an initial coin offering, you should fulfil certain requirements and standards, including the publication of a whitepaper.
- The main thing is to identify that your attempt to attract an investment in an ICO must have to be in your own way and through more traditional means.
- Make sure that you have provided enough information in order to be transparent and reliable. Likewise, it is worth being cognizant that a typical ICO whitepaper has almost 20 pages, however, a prospectus of a stock market investment can be of almost hundreds of pages.
Determine the Problem
- If you can evidently present an issue in a given industry, and clearly explain how you can solve that problem, you will definitely attract contributors.
- Many companies have claimed that their novelty/solution is firm to change any given industry, as they can be seen in many ICO schedules.
- On the other hand, winners will be those, who’d offer the finest solution; as well as those who are new to the market.
- If you want to make sure that whether your proposed ICO is going to attract the potential participants or not, you’ll have to evidently demonstrate the value that you add to your service.
Determine Why blockchain is the best solution
- The solutions provided by the blockchain technology are definitely worth the hype. Though, in your proposed offering, it’s imperative to demonstrate how and why a blockchain-solution is the finest course of the act for the problem that you are attempting to re
- It is often due to an existing/growing network of contributors that can actually profit from the blockchain network primers as well as tokenization to advance the service/product.
- It is imperative to have the ability to explain how you will attract people to the network that is created by you and how it will be monetized.
Robust Corporate Governance
- Contributors that are potential to your business will always do a good research on the team and explore the idea behind your company.
- Ensure to clearly explain the knowledge and involvement you have behind your company as it’s good to prove that your idea was analyzed and developed already.
- Also, you should form a corporate governance structure that is matched with present structures.
- There are ways to promote your ICO campaign without using Google and other social media platforms – Google, which has already banned advertisements related to ICOs.
- Ensure that you are utilizing each and every tool in your clearance to make the exposure.
- Online presence across cryptocurrency calendar websites, other information portals, and cryptocurrency apps is also quite imperative.
- You can find advisers and agencies that are specializing in ICOs so that they can assist you well, however, pick them wisely before using your budget for extra support.
- Make sure that your diary is full of meet-ups and conferences.
- It is a hard slog to get your name to be known, but still, it is more important that you are ‘far and wide.’
- Inducing a renowned investment entity will also verify the success and failure of the ICO.
- The comfort through which potential contributors can get information about the token sale development and the whitepaper matters a lot, as it demonstrates that you didn’t hide anything.
- A genuine ICO can be tracked through the token sale address, while a fake ICO will try its best to hide how its sale progress is surging through numerous individual contribution addresses.
- This doesn’t only disguise how far the live sale of the ICO will go, but also the accurate amount.
If any of these factors are difficult to find, it is a sign that something is wrong and potential participants should look somewhere else.
NEW YORK – April 25, 2017 – CapitalWave, Inc., a leading global provider designed to deliver highly engaging training for the financial markets, announced the official launch of The Blockchain Academy, a new institution offering online video training courses to professionals seeking to have a greater understanding of the impact of blockchain and its most famous use-case Bitcoin.
The Blockchain Academy offers progressive courses to increase the understanding of someone fresh to the blockchain network. It includes everything, from foundation to immersive courses that provide a thorough understanding of each aspect of the technology. Blockchain Academy prepares businesses to reach their internal targets and better serve their employees and customers.
Blockchain Academy courses prepare students to:
- Understand the disruptive impact of blockchain
- Learn how Bitcoin, mining, and cryptocurrencies work
- Get a deep and thorough understanding of the concepts that underpin how blockchain works.
- Discover where this technology is headed and the changes this will mean.
- Understand the basics of virtual currencies, with a focus on adoption and use within the financial sector.
Current Blockchain Academy Courses
- The Blockchain Foundations
- Blockchain Intensive I: Bitcoin and Blockchain
- Blockchain Intensive II: The Financial Sector
“We anticipated the need for alternative eLearning solutions to serve both large and small businesses with an easier, more efficient process,” said Bryant Nielson, the Executive Director of both CapitalWave and The Blockchain Academy. “The needs of companies are constantly evolving and we have successfully expanded our training course offerings to meet and exceed these demands.”
Each course is designed to provide companies the edge in understanding FinTech by learning online with engaging, self-paced e-Learning modules. Being one of the first learning organizations to provide a truly dynamic educational simulation training platforms. Their goal is to be the preeminent provider of training platforms, financial simulation and competitions for the Corporate and University markets.
About CapitalWave Inc.
With offices in New York and London, CapitalWave is a leading global provider of financial training solutions in the capital & wealth markets. In addition to delivering courses in Equity Fundamentals, Fixed Income programs, Investment Management, Investment Banking, Forex, Commodities & Energy, Wealth Management, Risk Management, Asset & Liability Management, CFA programs and more. The company’s headquarters in New York.
When we start our conversation about cryptocurrency ecosystem, bitcoin considered the only player in a digital market. Where bitcoin has the dominate value in the market as compare to other cryptocurrencies. 500 cryptocurrencies trading are in a market with symbols, with their identities.
Altcoin is using to describe the cryptocurrency that shares the core building blocks. The best example of altcoin is litecoin.
Basically, there are 150 to 500 altcoins in total. There are five altcoins with the market capitalization of $10 million each.
The revolutionary logic about altcoin is, “altcoins serves two purposes “. Antonopoulos says. “First, they test new tech features, showing whether they work and whether the market will accept them.”
The proof of work who keeps securing the transaction records and distribution of currency. In addition,
Variations include those allowing a currency to be processed by different equipment than bitcoin (Litecoin, current market cap $330 million), those purporting to use less energy (Peer coin, $47 million), and those that offer faster transaction confirmation times (many, among them Feather coin, $5 million). Other crypto coins claim more idiosyncratic variations, such as the demurrage built into Frei coin ($2 million), which loses value if it is held without being spent. There’s even a currency that uses its proof-of-work algorithm to search for new prime numbers (that currency is named, of course, Prime coin, $6 million). Those features that prove attractive and compatible after ‘testing’ by an altcoin, Antonopoulos says, will likely be incorporated into Bitcoin.
Strength of Bitcoin
Any of the altcoin fails to displace the dominant place of bitcoin. As the bank of America points out that is, bitcoin’s dominance is the guarantee of altcoins. Without bitcoin strength, may be some of the altcoins will disappear.
Where Antonopoulos describe the second purpose of altcoins whose lessons will strengthen the survivor. Which is demonstrate spectacular failure modes.
Antonopoulos contains 80 to 85% of all cryptocurrency capitalization. Whereas remaining altcoins offer the release value for those who think, that bitcoin is the most expensive cryptocurrency. One feature has been more efficient as compare to other. Altcoin built-in process needs honest, transparent and relatively selfless behavior by its developers.
Charlie lee lead developer of litecoin gives the easiest and transparent ways to mine. As he says,’’ I released the source code a week before the launch [in October of 2011], so people could prepare [to mine].”
Because of this struggle, Now, litecoin is the second digital cryptocurrency after bitcoin. After which, peer coin is at the third number of cryptocurrency, its creator sunny king releases source code nine days before its mining. Lee says “I haven’t seen any other coin roll out with the same level of transparency.”
The most important thing for the cryptocurrency is the community acceptance. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are acceptable in societies. Which clearly means that the developers want to provide the transparent and trustworthy transaction system. Ellis says,” Banks are operating a tollbooth economy.” “Banks want 10% of revenue for credit cards,” a cost that cryptocurrency is distributing. Altcoins, Ellis says, “anyone with sufficient will and devotion and time to nurture the community”.
Now we can earn money?
In the meantime, altcoins are in a bumpy ride. Antonopoulos says “99% of them will expire in the process of creative destruction”. “And that’s fine because every once in a while, something unique and amazing will pop out’’.
Tags: Bitcoin Disadvantages.
According to the most hot and circulated ICO news 2018 is going to be a year of ban for crypto ads. Internet’s largest platforms have already started to ban all sorts of crypto advertisements.
Even the giants of internet like Facebook and Twitter announced crypto ad ban last January. Reddit took the same decision way back in 2016. Google is being expected to do the same in the near future. It is quite obvious that almost all those websites which are short sure for traffic generation purposes would follow the same protocol in case of crypto industry. No doubt all that scenario was full of hurdles for the crypto industry. Even in terms of cryptocurrency startup it was a big barrier extremely difficult to be crossed. But the crypto researchers and markets entrepreneurs are not looking at it in the same way. They do believe that all that way full of hurdles might prove to be a road of success in the near future. Let us see why they are so much optimistic about it.
How Can This Ban Turn Into a Blessing?
Well for the time being it might be a bad luck for the crypto advertisement but according to various web platforms that are directly related to the crypto industry are quiet optimistic about it. For instance, a website which for the time being does not want to disclose its name due to several reasons, has exclaimed that it will offer its complete platform for the advertisement purposes of crypto. In other words it will lend a hand to make it possible for the crypto startups reach potential investment opportunities. Same idea has been presented by some other giants of the Silicon Valley. No doubt this act will turn that ban into a total blessing, however many things and options must be considered and availed respectively, before the proper implementation of that marketing strategy.
Main Reason Behind the Ban
According to a statement issued by social media giant Facebook the reason for such a drastic ban on crypto related advertisement was only because of the scams associated with the initial coin offerings that come under the definition of misleading or deceptive promotional practices. Especially those tokens which are offered at low prices on these advertisement platforms have proved to be the main target of scammers. Even the Securities and Exchange Commission has declared these tokens unlawful which according to it are securities and must be listed with the agency.
On the other hand, entrepreneurs and crypto analysts are agreed upon the fact that by banning such advertisements, Google, Twitter and even Facebook are going to lose a great earning opportunity.