This article will explain the six easy methods to buy Bitcoin in the UK. It depends on whether you choose to buy Bitcoin using cash, card or bank transfer. You will have different options available to you.
Here are some ways to buy Bitcoin in the UK.
Method 1 – Buy Bitcoin with Credit Card in the UK:
Some steps to buy Bitcoin with credit card in the UK are:
- Pick a Website: Some of the best sites to buy Bitcoin with credit card in the UK include Bittylicious, CoinCorner, and Circle. This is the not much secure way and because of less security currently, it attracts the lowest limits, highest fee, and most strict verification. The process mostly includes some steps which are chosen service and follow their on-site instructions. The Circle may change this trend but they are newcomers and don’t officially support UK cards.
- Enter the Amount You Want to Convert: The limits of transactions may be low at the start but they may increase after the first successful transaction or after finishing their verification procedures.
- Enter the Bitcoin Wallet Address for whom You want to make payment to.
- Make the Card Payment
- Depending on restrictions to each site, after some time and verification, you’ll receive your Bitcoin.
Method 2 – Buy Bitcoin Using a Buying Service:
Some steps to buy Bitcoin using a buying service are:
- Pick a service: The purpose of buying services is to make it easy to buy a small amount of Bitcoin. Best options in the UK include Bittylicious, SpeedyBitcoin, QuickBitcoin, CoinCorner, and CoinDuit. Some of them accept cards and some accept cash payments.
- Enter the amount You want to exchange.
- Enter the Bitcoin Wallet Address for whom You want to make payment to.
- You will pay them usually by Bank Transfer, and you must have the transaction reference which they provide you with.
- Within 15 minutes after the payment, you’ll receive your Bitcoin.
Method 3 – Buy Bitcoin Using an Exchange:
- Go to a Bitcoin Exchange as CoinCorner and CoinFloor and create an account. CoinCorner and CoinFloor allow you to pay directly in Pounds. You may also choose Bitstamp and Kraken but these Exchanges will involve a conversion of Pounds to Euros and also a SEPA transfer. Generally, this conversion results in an additional fee. This is the best option if you buy Bitcoin regularly or in bigger quantities, as the Exchange rates are generally most competitive. If you just starting you must prefer to use a different option.
- Transfer in money by SEPA or Bank Transfer.
- Wait for your money to clear about 1 to 4 working days. This differs between Exchanges.
- Transfer your money for bitcoins.
- Transfer your Coins from Exchange to you Bitcoin Wallet.
Method 4 – Buy Bitcoin with ATM:
- Check if there is a Bitcoin ATM nearby.
- Make sure before going to the ATM that you’ve some Pounds Sterling notes because these machines don’t accept credit/debit cards.
- Go to the ATM. You may also have to bring Proof of ID because some ATM machines require this.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 5 – Buy Bitcoin from a Friend Who Owns Bitcoin:
- Find a friend who already owns Bitcoin.
- Check the exchange rate.
- Decide a number of Pounds which you want to exchange.
- Pay them your Pounds.
- Provide them your Bitcoin Wallet address so your friends can pay you in Bitcoin.
Method 6 – Buy Bitcoin Using a Trader:
- Find a Bitcoin Trader as Mycelium, BitBargain, and LocalBitcoins.
- Choose a Trader with a respectable reputation score.
- Send a message to Trader and ask further details about how to pay. For pay through cash agree the meeting place and time.
- When the seller gets the payments, the seller issues the Bitcoin amount to Bitcoin Wallet address you provided.
Bitcoin is a form of digital money – also known as cryptocurrency that is free from the influence of any bank or governing authority. Bitcoin is used to make transactions anonymously on the global scale. The currency was created by a group called Satoshi Nakamoto and first came into circulation in 2009. The identity of group members is still unknown.
The usage of Bitcoin is increasing and the number of people making Bitcoin transactions is growing each day.
If you are one of the people who feel fascinated by this form of money and want to discover more about it, here are some intriguing Bitcoin facts for you.
There Is No Authority to Control This Currency:
You might be surprised to know that there is no entity that controls Bitcoin. The general concept of money is that it is controlled by a bank or other concerning authorities. But this is not the case with Bitcoin. The currency is autonomous from all sorts of regulatory authorities. The only person who can control the coins is the one who owns it.
Bitcoins Are Finite:
As bitcoins are not printed into cash or molded into physical coins, most people think that there should be an infinite number of bitcoins in existence. But this is not the case because if it were true, the coins would lose their worth. In order to keep them worth having, bitcoins are kept finite. The exact number of existing bitcoins is 21 million.
Bitcoin Has No Set Values:
There are no set values on Bitcoin. In fact, how much a bitcoin is worth depends on the popularity of the currency. The more people use it, the more it appreciates in value.
Bitcoin is Transparent:
Bitcoin is completely transparent in terms of transactions and amount. Each and every detail related to a transaction is available on blockchain. This openness, as a result, induces trust and security among the Bitcoin users.
In Bitcoin mining, the users are supposed to solve mathematical problems using a specialized software to verify transactions around the globe. The users in return, are paid if their efforts were successful.
Bitcoin Transactions Are Irreversible:
The Bitcoin transactions are irreversible and a user can never be forced to pay. Once the bitcoins are paid, there is no way to revoke the transaction or force the receiver to pay back your coins.
It Costs Little to No Money to Make a Transaction:
Bitcoin transactions cost little to no money. There are no taxes on the currency and it doesn’t matter to which part of the world you send the money, there are no cuts on transactions and the receiver gets the exact amount that was sent to him.
Lastly -Bitcoins Are Stored in Digital Wallets:
Bitcoin wallets are equivalent to bank accounts for real cash. These wallets are used to store, withdraw and transfer bitcoins from one wallet to another. The wallets are protected by a security key and only the owner can know about it until he reveals it someone else.
Tags: digital currency bitcoin
Early this year, Facebook cryptocurrency news turned really bad when Facebook started to ban all sorts of cryptocurrency advertisements. Soon Google and Twitter followed Facebook and also did the same thing. No doubt it was a disheartening step for the crypto industry, moreover it was not the way how Facebook routinely works. All these restrictions were an effort to prevent scams and protect its users from crypto based frauds, according to Facebook. On the other hand Facebook was itself not following the rules and regulations which could fulfill the ethical requirements.
We all know that Facebook has a long list of power abuse, even its platform is infested with alot of suspicious industries including abusive and misleading political articles and porn stories of all sorts. Even, Facebook has been declared an unsafe place for our younger generation according to many critics, in that scenario, Mr. Zuckerberg is in no position to dictate others about what is ethically best for its users. Recently Facebook has been involved in the interference of Russian elections and the ultimate Cambridge Analytica scandal, according to which it leaked the confidential data of its users without their permission. Due to this irresponsible behaviour, Zuckerberg had to give testimony to Congress. This was not an ordinary testimony and was comprised of a set of strict questions by various Congressmen and the answers delivered by the founder of Facebook. For your interest we have summed up this conversation in the form of following brief article.
The Social Responsibility of Facebook
First of all the recent public blunders of Facebook were brought under discussion, the Cambridge Analytica scandal and the controversy around Russian trolls’ attempts to manipulate the US domestic political discussion being on the top of the list.
In short the Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal involves the collection of personally identifiable information of up to 87 million Facebook users. The Cambridge Analytica started work on it in 2014 and from that time began collecting the set of informations. Facebook helped in all that procedure and provided the data of its users to the Cambridge Analytica. The scandal played a significant role in the incitement of public discussions on ethical standards of Facebook.
Response of Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg apologized for his irresponsible and non professional attitude which gave rise to the situation with Cambridge Analytica, calling it a “breach of trust.” He also assured the Congressmen to make all the necessary changes in Facebook policy to prevent similar mishaps in the future.
Mark Zuckerberg also admitted that it was his personal mistake that he didn’t do enough to prevent the data breach and no other person from his organization was involved in it.
Zero-commission startup exchange, Robinhood has announced its expansion in Colorado through social media giant, Twitter. According to Robinhood, the trading platform is going to provide a commission-free trading for top-cryptocurrencies in the western state, i.e. Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Colorado is best known for its blockchain-friendly legislation and ‘rocky mountain peaks’ has joined with few states, including;
Response from Twitter Followers
After this announcement on Twitter, a flurry of responses started out, as many requested the trading platform to add Litecoin and plead to expand into other states as well, like; Florida and Texas. According to Robinhood, you can expand the list by asking your friends to join the exchange as well. However, some twitter followers in the states say – where Robinhood cryptocurrency has rolled out, that they are stuck on a waiting list.
Zero-fee exchange gains depend on the footholds in the US. If we talk about New York, the Attorney General of New York, Eric Schneiderman is in a bid for better transparency and has contracted with over dozen crypto exchanges with information requests. The expansion was quite enough to send the leading cryptocurrencies’ prices decline a little bit, however, they rallied later.
Gemini, which is a digital assets exchange and is run by the Winklevoss twins, is also ready to comply. However, others find the request quite insolent. Winklevoss twins (Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss) are leading a self-regulatory group as well for better practices in the crypto industry.
Robinhood didn’t specify whether it is going to support altcoins beyond Bitcoin and Ethereum but it does propose a market data for numerous altcoins. As the exchange is quite famous amid millennials, it is estimated to have the worth of almost $5.6 billion instantly from its latest. Although Robinhood is introducing a zero-fee crypto trading, it provides a premium account under the name Robinhood Gold as well.
Something, which facilitates the people in their lives, automatically will have some values. Whether it is in goods or in services. Therefore, Bitcoin’s uses and its benefits are the reason behind its value. Bitcoin community is active as other social networks. In addition, the main reason behind its increasing worth is the limited supply of bitcoins. Whereas, the government is unable to trace and tax. Bitcoins are in limited quantity. Accordingly, the price of bitcoin in this year is 50x. which is seriously an insane swing of any currency.
Currency needs some qualities
There are some qualities which should be in any currency. These qualities make the money more powerful.
Actually, money/currency should be limited in supply. As economics proves that demand will increase with limited supply. Similarly, with the bitcoin, the total supply of 21 million coins increases its demand. In the result, its values increase day by day. Today’s value of bitcoin is $2251 as of May 23rd 2017.
The utility of any currency or object plays an important role in the determination of its value. In the result, higher demand enhances the higher price.
As currency/money always use in the transaction process, or in exchange meanings. Accordingly, If money has an ability of easily transferable then it will use by a large number of people. Moreo, if it has not, then money/currency’s demand will be low. Accordingly, Bitcoin’s transfer availability is in more than 100 financial sectors.
Everyone in the world has an authority to keeps his/her transactions private. Whereas, People like the process, which provides them such kind of privacy for their transactions. However, Bitcoin provides such type of process to its users.
Here is some discussion about how bitcoin value.
Bitcoin technology has worth for solving the long-standing two general problems. Clever solution for transactions of digital spending is achieved by the self-organizing and time-base record. The blockchain populate the bitcoin network, is well known public ledger.
There is not central server to control or shut down the bitcoin protocol. Censorship resistance of bitcoin is critical. Clearly, means there is no one to control the usage of bitcoin. Censorship resistance to digital currency and its payment system makes the bitcoin an irreversible disruptive technology.
In the field of computer science, Satoshi Nakamoto’s innovations are milestones. Even so, with no limitation, bitcoin become the number one exchange and payment network. Each bitcoin users are responsible for his/her bitcoin’ security. Most of the people like the anonymous behavior of transactions are one the reason of bitcoin’s fame.
To the solution of double-spending, Bitcoin’s explicit design features offer users additional value:
- Bitcoin’s payment method
- Secure storage and transmission of user’s data
- Blockchain (decentralize public transaction ledger)
- Contract mechanism
Secure way for transactions
In addition, bitcoin user’s wallet generates the public keys. Therefore, no one is allowing to step-in transaction’s process.
Bitcoin is peer-to-peer decentralize network. However, nodes are distributing to decentralize the whole network. Whereas, Bitcoin is designed to seek the nodes. In short, the greater decentralization the healthier the network.
Above all are few aspects, that makes the bitcoin valuable. So, take time and make the decision with bitcoin world.
Tags: current bitcoin value, Bitcoin’s success factors.